|Tours > California > San Francisco > Financial District > | Site Navigator | San Francisco Tour||
Here is the complete tour:
• Alcoa Building, Golden Gateway Redevelopment Project, 1964.
Wait while it downloads. Problems? Get Java here
• We are leaving the giant ocean going ship of Embarcadero Center descending to Maritime Plaza over Clay Street. "Punch Line, San Francisco. Comedy Club, Restaurant, Bar" is right here. Now you have tree ways to go.
• Turning left.. you get to south-west corner of the plaza. Descend down the stairs and get outside to Merchant Street. Walk along the old walls between old buildings with a view of the Pyramid in front. At Sansome Street you can see ubiquitous "Starbucks Coffee", "Thai Speed", and "Bur-Eat-Os". Here people buy their lunches and move to the Redwood park at the base of the Pyramid. By the way, the Pyramid, in my view was not designed as a pyramid. It is a redwood. Now..
• Jump over the escalator, and get to the east part of the plaza. Now you can go to the left all around the building and check more what I mean about "framed views". I think the northern part is incredible. Also you can look closer at the Bronze Horse by Marino Marini, 1967.
• Moving forward toward the fountain (without water), and going across it, you have two choices...
More Virtual Tours:
• San Francisco TransAmerica Pyramid
• Muir Woods redwood forest near San Francisco
Since August 07, 2002 this page was visited
FastCounter by bCentral
Yes San Francisco, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Any use, copying of images, or their parts, or any other content including but not limited to any text in the html files without permission is prohibited.