Hi, my name is Igor Polk. I am publishing this webpage in an attempt to find TRIZ aficionados in San Francisco Bay Area ( in California, CA). I want to establish communication with people who are trained at a TRIZ school ( TRIZnik ) or just have heard about it. The idea is to establish a local community of TRIZ people, exchange materials and ideas, and discuss the topics we love.
I have attended TRIZ school at Minsk in about 1980-1983. Tsourikov, Kozlovski, Boiko, Khomenko and others were teaching.
Please, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or just phone: 510-582-8711
TRIZ is an international abbreviation of "Theory of Inventive Problem Solving", science established by G. Altshuller.
My main website
Local Triz News
|May 9-11, 2011||TRIZ- The Theory of Inventive Problem Solving, a workshop in San Francisco by Jack Hipple, Innovation-TRIZ, link|
Zinovy Royzen ( Seattle )
Altshuller Institute for TRIZ Studies
Yuri E. Iserlis
Jack Standeven ( Oregon ) | Ellen Domb ( LA )
Козырева Нелли Арнольдовна | José M. Vicente Gomila | Jack Hipple, Innovation-TRIZ |
Laws of System Development
Systems containing opposite properties are used to solve contradictory requirements.
Gereral Theory of systems
CI, including Creative Problem Solving Tools - this is a new name for TRIZ, which probably suites better the global intellectual space.
|The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.|
1. the act of going against; opposition; denial
2. a declaration of the opposite or contrary
3. a statement that is at variance with itself (often in the phrase a contradiction in terms)
4. conflict or inconsistency, as between events, qualities, etc.
5. a person or thing containing conflicting qualities
6. (Philosophy / Logic) Logic a statement that is false under all circumstances; necessary falsehood
|Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003|
|Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.|
1. conflict, inconsistency, contravention, incongruity, confutation They see no contradiction in using violence to bring about a religious state.
2. negation, opposite, denial, antithesis What he does is a contradiction of what he says.
|Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002|
- An assertion of the contrary;
- Direct opposition; Absolute logical incompatibility, as of a statement that a thing is and is not in the same way and at the same time;
Inclined to contradict or cavil;
- To assert the contrary of; - deny the truth of; - impugn;
- To resist; oppose; go counter to;
- To be contrary or opposed to; go counter to; To oppose in words; gainsay;
- To distinguish by a contrast of opposite qualities.
|Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 1932|
Getting acquainted with the current state of affairs, I have found that TRIZ have made a huge step forward since I learned it. Wow ! I impatiently waiting our coming discussions !
What does it mean "to be a master". Whatever master do, he "just knows what to do" without any visible thinking effort. Void ! It comes out of void, would say an ancient japanese warrior. For example, a tango dance master, improvising, with any partner, creates the dance right there, on the floor. It comes out if him: new figures, unusual surprising movements, rhythmical play, circulating in all directions. A guitarist looking into notes, just knows how to play them. He does not calculate where each note is and how to pick it up "how do I remember? I do not know, I just do it.". A problem solvers, therefore, should solve his problems without any visible effort. He "sees" the solution, the best one, as soon as the problem is formulated. An ideal problem solver, you may ask? Hah, I like that, but unlike IFR, ideal "problem solvers" exist in areas surrounding us. Few of them are genius. All that comes from diligent practice: you learn to use and then forget. It comes from desire to do things better and more efficiently, from hard work and open mind. Anyone who beats the road will archive a milestone. No one who is not moving will come anywhere.
Main TRIZ achievements, in my view:
ASME ( America Society of Mechanical Engineers ) |